Sunday, March 8, 2009

Short one this week

This week's letter was REAL short... she said she didn't have much time. She didn't send it to everyone, either, so just me and my parents got it. (how special are we? haha) So here is some of what she had to say this week!

SUNDAY NIGHT WE HAD A MIRACLE! The Coolman family...we contacted them in my first week here and their 8 year old had just had surgery so it was a bad time (we left a DVD with them to watch). We have tried to go back and nobody was ever home...SO...Sunday night (first off I was supposed to play at the fireside but I wanted to go try to teach Claudette so I told them no). Well Claudette wasn't home. Neither was Angel. Neither were ANY of our backups...so after we tried to visit Shirley (she was sick, but home) we decided to go recontact Shirley's neighbors (the Coolmans). AND...they let us in (the mom was sitting there READING the BOM we left!). They were ABSOLUTELY PREPARED! She had been recently attending one of the LDS breakoff churches (but Cameron, the 8 year old) hated it because all the kids get to do is go upstairs to the "nursery" and play x box...they don't get to learn the bible...so he hated that church. Gabe (15) refused to go to church at all because he wanted to do his own thing religion wise. So yeah...we went in and taught them the 1st lesson. Gabe had TONS of questions (and one of them was GOLDEN) he asked me "is there ONE true church on the Earth today?" I said "YES" He asked which church is it? I told him "THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER-DAY SAINTS" he didn't question my response, he didn't fight it...he just flat out ACCEPTED it! It was amazing. Then later his brother was asking why all the churches don't just combine to have one church and Gabe said "because there is already ONE TRUE CHURCH on the earth....this one these girls are from!" it was amazing! They honestly took EVERYTHING we said to heart. They are going to read the BOM (especially Gabe who was anti church before our visit) and pray AND BE BAPTIZED!!! :) I love it! I am so darn proud!


Applebees was amazing, fyi! :) (and I finally found a cute boy here in MO! He was a waiter there...). As you all know, I am prolly the PICKIEST eater EVER...but I AM BRANCHING OUT AND GETTING ADVENTUROUS here... I have no tried grapefruit (love it), grapes (they are ok), peaches (just ok), strawberries (still don't like), cantelope (disGUSTING), and I think thats about all that I have tried. So...be proud (and I have actually EATEN something that is questionable looking...most Polinesian food...!) Luckily we haven't had any dinner appointments at their HOUSES yet, it seems every time they are scheduled to feed us we are at the VC....lucky me :) No hurt feelings when I don't LOVE their grub.


TRANSFER CALLS ARE TONIGHT! Ah...! I am pretty sure that I am staying here...but I can't decide what I think my companion will do. I think I will be ok if she leaves, but I want her to stay! So we'll see...but I know she asked President VanKomen if she could go full pros...so I dunno how it'll all work out. We'll see :) Another sister here started calling me companion...so I am starting to wonder if she thinks she'll get transferred and to my ward?? I dunno! haha I guess i will know in a few hours! kinda scary though...I will be SO surprised if I leave...and very sad...not gonna lie.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I miss Shelby so much! does she have an email? Or what's her address again? I seemed to have misplaced it! She is such a cute girl and I am so glad she is having fun!