Monday, December 1, 2008

Ready or not...!

Well...as most of you probably realized...I am entering the MTC in 16 days! Crazy, trust me, I know!! I am so darn excited, tho! I am a little sad that I won't have a chance to say goodbye to everybody...but i will be back in a short 18 months! :) I have had the opportunity to spend some time with two of my very best friends and closest cousins...with plans to do so a little more in the next two weeks...that excites me! Also, another one of my best friends is flying in from California on THURSDAY and I will get to see HER for a few days before i go... (i'm not at ALL excited for THAT ;) haha), and yes...just enjoying my time before I go! It will be a sad experience, but it will be more joyful by far! I can't wait to get out there and teach that amazing message that will change SO many lives forever! I know that I will receive many great blessings from it...as will my friends and family. We will all grow so much over the next year and a half, and before we know it, i'll be home! :) SO...when people start crying and saying they're gonna miss me...I say "You're not allowed to be sad! NO TEARS! :) I need you to be EXCITED for me, not sad that i'm going! It will be a great experience for us all" ... now, I can say that for the time being because I am not sad...yet. I wonder if deep down it hasn't registered yet, or if I really am just THAT excited that I get to go on this grand adventure...who knows...but I can GUARANTEE that it will hit me hard when i'm standing in that dreaded room hugging my mom, torturing my brothers, kissing my lil Emma, teasing my dad, and taking pictures with Ashton...for the last time in a YEAR AND A HALF...! THEN....can I PROMISE you...that it will hit me and the tears will come. But until then....I am being strong and positive...I have so much to offer...so if I go out there with ANY sorrows or regrets about my choice...I will not be able to do the work that has been asked of me with the magnitude that I can. So...I am begging...be HAPPY for me :) No tears...I don't need any encouragement in the crying department... haha Another question I get asked on a daily basis is "are you nervous" ... for talking in church...YES...terrified...!! For my mission...not yet! haha But that time will also come, I am sure! :) BUT...when you have the blessing of being the Lord's servant...his eyes, ears, mouth, and hands...what is there to fear? .....he is on your side! :D SO...no, I am not nervous, and I am not necessarily nervous to be away from my family or talking to strangers or teaching the gospel...i am nervous of not knowing the answers, of letting Him down, and of being an example to all (Cuz that is for SURE a scary thought!) haha but...here I am...down to just over two weeks...and then I can confront these silly fears head on :) haha BRING IT ON! Independence, my future companions, and President and Sister Van Komen....ready or not...here I come! :D

Oh and PS...for those who didn't know...my farewell is on December 14 @ 9:00 in my parent's ward in Nibley (the church is on 1000 West and 2840 South...in the middle of a subdivision). I would love for EVERYBODY to come :) haha but if you can't, don't feel bad! haha AND...come to dinner afterwards at my parents (like 4 houses away from the church) haha...no excuses! Love ya all!

4 comments:

Amber Bradley said...

I JUST LOVE YOU TO PIECES!!! I hope you know that. You are wonderful! You are such a wonderful example to me and for that, THANK YOU!!! LOVE YOU!

Ashton said...

You are amazing, sister. I will miss you, and you know that I'll be the biggest baby of all... well next to mom, of course! I love you and I know you'll do great things... it just hasn't registered to ME yet that I won't be able to pick up the cellie and text ya, or just show up unexpectedly. But you will be so happy and do such a great job. I just hope these 18 months fly by.... :) I LOVE YOU SISTER!

Anonymous said...

You're going to be great, I know you and your family will be blessed for making this sacrifice. We'll be keeping you in our thoughts and prayers! :)

Anonymous said...

I just had a thought... you should post your address information so that we can send you treats while you are gone! :)